- Create a new repository from main QGC repo. Do not clone, create a new repo, initializing it from the main QGC repo.
- You can now clone the above repo to do your work in and create pull requests from.
- In your clone create a remote called 'mavlink' which points back to the main QGC repo.
git remote add mavlink https://github.com/mavlink/qgroundcontrol.git
We call the process of updating your custom build to the latest QGC bits and 'Upstream Merge'. Here is an example of how to do it:
- First make sure your local master is up to date with your own repos master.
- Create a branch to make all the changes to:
git checkout -b UpstreamMerge
- Pull in the latest bits from QGC:
git pull mavlink master
- You'll get an editor to update merge comments. They are fine, just
- Now you need to update the resources in your custom build:
- Build it all to make sure there are no problems.
- You are now done. You can submit that as a Pull against your repo or however you want to get the changes into your main repo.
Note: This assume your custom build is based off of QGC master. If it is based off of a Stable branch just replace master with the stable branch name.